For certain services and selected destinations UPS offers a free money-back guarantee. To find out if it applies to your shipment, go to 'Calculate Delivery Time' in either the Shipping or Resources section at www.ups.com and key in your shipping details. Alternatively, it can be obtained by contacting your local UPS Customer Service.Where the money-back guarantee operates, if we deliver outside our time commitment on applicable services, we will on request refund or credit you with the shipping charges (or the proportionate part of those where only some of the packages in a shipment fail to meet the applicable time limit), net of any VAT, duties, taxes or levies, provided that the following conditions are fulfilled:
- shipping documentation (including labels) must have been correctly completed and the relevant package must bear the paper labels produced by UPS OnLine™ Shipping Solutions or otherwise in accordance with the "UPS Guide to labelling";
- any other documentation required by the country of origin or destination or any country of transit must be fully and accurately completed and included with the package;
- if applicable, the package must bear a Saturday delivery routing label (for destinations to which this service is available);
- the shipment must have been tendered to UPS on or before the latest collection time specified by us for guaranteed delivery;
- you must have notified your request for claim to UPS in writing or by telephone within 15 days from the date of scheduled delivery and advised us of the receiver's name and address, date of shipment, package weight and the UPS tracking number;
- the shipment must not require additional handling as described in the Additional Handling Charge section at www.ups.com.
The guarantee does not apply when late delivery results from the package not complying with the service restrictions and conditions set out in our Terms and Conditions of Carriage, from events beyond our control (force majeure) or due to any suspension of carriage or the exercise of any lien in accordance with our Terms and Conditions of Carriage.
50. UPS Service Guarantee
UPS guarantees on-schedule delivery of shipments shipped via the following services, where available, to all 50 states and Puerto Rico: UPS Air Services, UPS Hundredweight Service® Air Services, UPS 3 Day Select®, UPS Hundredweight Service® UPS 3 Day Select®, UPS Ground, UPS Ground with Freight Pricing, UPS Hundredweight Service® Ground
UPS guarantees on-schedule delivery of shipments shipped via the following services, where available, and provided that customs clearance is performed by UPS Supply Chain Solutions® brokerage offices designated by UPS for clearing these shipments:, UPS Worldwide Express Plus®, UPS Worldwide Express NA1®, UPS Worldwide Express®, UPS Worldwide Express FreightSM, UPS Worldwide Saver®, UPS Worldwide Expedited®, UPS 3 Day Select® from Canada, UPS Standard
In the event UPS fails to attempt delivery within the time published on the UPS website, or as provided when 1-800-PICK-UPS® is called, UPS, at its option, will either credit or refund the transportation charges for each such shipment to the payer only, upon request, provided the conditions set forth in the UPS Service Guarantee are met. Transportation charges do not include other fees or charges that may be assessed by UPS including, but not limited to, fuel surcharges. This is the sole remedy available under the UPS Service Guarantee. UPS shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever for delayed delivery, except as specifically provided for shipments made under the UPS Service Guarantee. Under no circumstances shall UPS be liable for any special, incidental, or consequential damages including, but not limited to, damages arising from delayed delivery or failure to attempt on-schedule delivery. UPS may cancel or suspend the UPS Service Guarantee for any service(s), and for any period of time, as determined by UPS in its sole discretion, and without prior notice.
The UPS Service Guarantee is subject to the following conditions:
- UPS’s guaranteed delivery schedule has been obtained by referencing UPS’s website or contacting a UPS Customer Service office. “On-time” or “on-schedule” means, subject to the terms of this UPS Service Guarantee, delivery is attempted within the UPS guaranteed delivery schedule.
- Each package and shipment is properly recorded in a UPS Shipping System.
- Each package and shipment bears the appropriate UPS tracking label and an address label, or a combined label generated by a UPS Automated Shipping System, showing the consignee’s correct name, deliverable address (UPS does not provide delivery to a P.O. Box), and ZIP Code (or postal code for international shipments). In addition, UPS reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse to honor a request for a credit or refund of transportation charges for a package when that package is not accompanied by a UPS Smart Label® and/or Timely Upload of PLD or when the delivery address on any address label or combined label affixed to the package does not match the delivery address on the UPS Smart Label, bar code, or PLD for the package.
- Each package in a shipment bears a UPS Saturday Delivery routing label when optional Saturday service is requested and available.
- Each shipment is tendered to UPS during UPS’s published business hours. Shipments received from or destined to certain locations may require earlier pickup times (available at the UPS website).
- UPS is notified by telephone or through UPS’s online Billing Center at ups.com/billing of a service failure within fifteen (15) calendar days of the date of scheduled delivery and is advised of the consignee’s name and address, date of shipment, shipment weight, and UPS tracking number.
- For UPS Worldwide Expedited® shipments, the guarantee shall apply only to shipments with a U.S. origin or destination and when the billed party is resident in the United States and is responsible for all shipping charges.
- For UPS Worldwide Express Freight shipments, the guarantee shall apply to a shipment in excess of 4400 pounds only if the shipper obtained confirmation of eligibility for the UPS Service Guarantee, prior to tender of the shipment to UPS for service.
- UPS reserves the right to refuse any request for a credit or refund when such request is either (a) made by, or (b) based on information obtained by, a party other than the payer of the shipping charges.
The UPS Service Guarantee does not apply to:
- UPS 2nd Day Air A.M.® packages for Residential deliveries.
- Packages tendered pursuant to Drop Shipments, special operating plans, or customized handling or processing arrangements.
- Packages shipped using a UPS Automated Shipping System that is not located at the pickup address assigned to the UPS account number used to ship the package.
- UPS Ground Returns Service packages.
- Packages subject to a Large Package Surcharge or Additional Handling Fee, packages that exceed maximum size or weight limits, or to shipments containing any package subject to a Large Package Surcharge, Additional Handling Fee, Oversize Pallet Handling Surcharge, or that exceed maximum size or weight limits.
- Shipments made using a Call Tag.
- Packages subject to a Delivery Intercept or Delivery Change Request.
- Shipments that are delayed due to causes beyond UPS’s control including, but not limited to: the unavailability or refusal of a person to accept delivery of the shipment, acts of God, natural disasters, war risks, acts of terrorism, acts of public authorities acting with actual or apparent authority, acts or omissions of customs or similar authorities, authority of law, insufficient information provided by a customer, Hazardous Materials packages improperly offered for transport, the application of security regulations imposed by the government, or otherwise applicable to the shipment, riots, strikes or other labor disputes, civil unrest, disruptions in national or local air or ground transportation networks (including, but not limited to, UPS’s transportation network), disruption or failure of communication and information systems, and adverse weather conditions.
- International shipments for which the shipper has selected the Receiver or Third Party as the payer of any applicable duties and taxes and delivery is delayed until payment arrangements are made.
- UPS Import Control® shipments for which the shipper has selected commercial invoice removal.
- UPS Ground shipments or UPS Standard shipments that are picked up or scheduled to be delivered during the fourteen calendar days before December 25.